Saturday, June 26, 2010

Something Pink

There will be a reunion dinner for my school in July, and the theme is Something Pink. Although I am just gonna go in a Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Ribbon pin, I've decided to experiment with something pink, anyways...

Found these wonderful lace trimmings and thought I would test something out on it. I wanted to do a headpiece with some tulle and attached it to a headband. But at the moment, I got something that looks like a doily. I loved it anyways. I loved that it looked vintage.

Here's what I did, I stringed some beads together with the lace, intending for it to cluster together at the end and form a 'centre'.
And I continued for another 10 pearl beads...
At this point, I cut off the extra lace trimming and looped it back to join with 1st bead, and tied it together. And I also stitched the ends of the lace trimming together.
There we go, after the ends had been joined.
Since I thought it looked too constricted, I cut the lace up at the nooks to further define the 'petals'.
I tried to enhance it sideways, so it doesn't look so rounded, by adding extra petals to 2 sides, on opposite ends.
And stitched it on...
Guess that's progress until now, until I decide to work on it some more ... ;)

6 comments:

Ophelia June S. said...

Really nice Peggy. But is it going to be on a dress ? Can't wait to see when it's all done :)

Mel said...

Beautiful! I have a white piece of lace just like that and it's small so not much I can do with it, but now I can! Yeah, thanks for the inspire!

Pegs said...

Ophelia : it was intended as a headpiece. ;)

Mel : that's nice, would love to see your piece of lace. ;)

Chrystin said...

nice =) love handmade stuff

MyBotanG said...

OMG!!! this is superb.. what a great idea.. thanks for sharing.. *you make my lace flower look like a sissy with your grand pearly doily* hehehe

Flooring Contractors Terre Haute said...

Nice post thanks for shariing