Hubby said he was going camping and needed my help with sewing some new hammocks. I was more than excited. It had been a long time since I actually sewn new projects, other than just repairing clothing or bags.
He told me how he wanted it done. Showed me some of the other stuffs they had and asked me if I could do something similar. Roughly, this was what we did with the ripstop nylon fabric he bought. We cut it up into 2 panels of approximately 8'(L)x5'(W). At both ends, I had to allow enough sleeve room for them to hang up the hammock. Hubs thought about having this pouch sewn to the sides for keeping the hammock and also as a side pocket for when the hammock was being used.